Skip to content
The UK is showing global leadership when it comes to tackling climate change:
- We are the fastest country in the G20 to decarbonise our economy since 2000.
- We have cut our emissions by more than 40% since 1990 – the fastest rate in the G7.
- We are the first major economy to pass laws for net zero carbon emissions.
- We are the largest producer of offshore wind energy in the world.
- We announced plans to double our international climate finance in 2019 to £11.6bn over the period 2021 – 2025.
- We are working to encourage other donors to meet and move beyond the $100bn per year collective goal to mobilise support for developing countries.
- Our low carbon economy has been predicted to grow four times faster than the rest of the economy to 2030.
- Our 25 Year Environment Plan includes direct action to address the biggest environmental priorities of our age: air quality, nature recovery, waste and resource efficiency.
With thanks to our principal partners